Re: LYNX-DEV colors in lynx 2.6

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV colors in lynx 2.6
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 18:36:49 -0500 (EST)

> ...  Basically all it's (slang) doing is mapping the
> 8 combinations of bold/underline/reverse into colors (more than 8, because
> backgrounds are treated specially)...

(What do you mean by "backgrounds are treated specially"?)

I got slang and built it, then edited makefile and
built lynx2.6 for 'sun4-slang'.
I again tried various settings for the COLOR options in lynx.cfg with no effect.

(Actually, there was one difference -- the highlighted text on the
currently selected link is now black on red.  (Yuk.)  This doesn't change
no matter what I do to the color options.  That's using TERM=vt220.
When TERM=ansi, the screen is the same as in lynx2.5.)

Obviously someone else has colors working.  What am I doing wrong?
Suggestions welcome.
Thanks.
--le

PS: I'd leave this to the sys admins, but they say they're too busy to look
    at it in the near future.
;
;