Re: LYNX-DEV ncurses+color?

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ncurses+color?
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 20:06:50 -0500 (EST)

> T.E.Dickey writes:
> > >
> > > I've been using it since Sept 21 with no problems...  (although the
> > > version I
> > > have isn't perfect...some colors don't correctly scroll when you PgDN to
> > oh. Is that linked with ncurses? (if so, which version).
>
>       Yes, it's linked with ncurses.  (the Styles patch thats used is from
> befor Rob added the Slang support.)  I looked, but I couldn't find any
> information on the version...I've long since deleted the code, and there
> doesn't seem to be a version string in the executable...
that's probably 1.9.9e or 1.9.8a

1.9.9g or 4.0 are preferred, since there are fixes to the combining of
colors in those versions.  Also (I've more testing, as usual) 4.0 is
probably what you really want, since Lynx does support curses-style resizing
of the display (e.g., exit from curses to reinitialize the display size).
I dropped the previous implementation (because it relied on reexecuting
initscr(), which is prohibited by the XSI curses specification), and
reimplemented it for 4.0.

ncurses doesn't compile-in a version number.  I've a to-do item (probably
for 4.1) to compile-in the RCS identifiers (as a configuration option).
Though that may not be what you want.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden