Re: LYNX-DEV colors in lynx 2.6

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV colors in lynx 2.6
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 20:40:26 -0500 (EST)

> right.  (You _do_ have a color xterm?).  rxvt will do, but (these are all
> related), I've a copy of the XFree86 xterm at
>
>       ftp.clark.net:/pub/dickey/xterm

What do you mean by a "color xterm"?  Is this software? terminfo?  I'm using
ProcommPlus on my PC, which has a couple dozen terminal settings.  I've tried
all of them with lynx, with varying results.  xterm and rxvt aren't on the list.
Are you saying I need to replace my terminal emulation software to get colors
supported?

> Since you're running on SunOS 4.1.3, you'll only get color using either
> ncurses or slang.  You'll need an ANSI compiler (or gcc) to compile
> ncurses...

"...either ncurses or slang..." seems to imply I don't need both.
I got slang and built with it.  So I shouldn't have to get ncurses also.  Right?

Excuse the dumb questions.  I'm not a terminfo expert.
Thanks for the info.
--le
;
;