Re: LYNX-DEV problem regarding newsgroup access

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV problem regarding newsgroup access
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 19:46:21 -0500 (EST)

"Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)" <address@hidden> wrote:
>On Wed, 22 Jan 1997, "James Mastros" wrote:
>> address@hidden wrote:
>> > Dear Sir/s, I am finding difficulty in accessing Newsgroup what changes I
>> > should make to my lynx browser.. Thank You..
>> set the NNTP_SERVER name to the name of your NNTP server.  For example I
>> would say "NNTP_SERVER=news.epix.net; export NNTP_SERVER" before running
>> lynx.  If you are using a VMS, I think the varible is "user/nntp_server"
>
>Er, that's NNTPSERVER on U**X shell; c shell syntax is also different.

        This is an installation question, and the relevant, and correct,
information is in the INSTALLATION file, supplemented by userdefs.h and
lynx.cfg.  All three files are accessible to ***ANYONE and EVERYONE***
via Subir's "Lynx links" service, should anyone not have local copies
of them from the distribution.

        Rather than correcting the misinformation which has been posted,
perhaps it would be best for those who don't know this information to
read the files which provide it.

        Just at thought...  :) :) :)

                                Fote