Re: LYNX-DEV colors in lynx 2.6

From: Rob Partington
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV colors in lynx 2.6
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 09:40:29 +0000 (GMT)

Nelson Henry Eric wrote:

> > In case anyone cares, here's a copy of the #STYLE settings that I currently
> > use:  (at least to my questionable color vision) they give a nice colorful
> > browsing experience...  :)  I've tried to highlight things which are in some
>
> Nice.  Gives me some hints.
>
> Rob, I was thinking perhaps you should move this STYLE stuff out of lynx.cfg
> and put it in a header file by itself, something like the LYMessages_en.h
> file.  Just a thought, considering how many lines it adds.  People who only
> have control over their lynx.cfg would bark, though.

Well, in theory, I could make it a command line or options-menu option as
well, so that people who have control over their lynx.cfg can use that,
or you can set a filename from the command line or options menu.  It'll
probably end up being in an external file[1], referencable(?) by something
like STYLE:/home/rjp/lynx.style in the lynx.cfg file or the options.

ObProgressReport: My hash table is working perfectly, and the "look up this
style" bits are working as well.  I'm not sure about CSS inheritance though -
at the moment, I percolate classes downwards through elements blindly.
ie
<ul class=red>
<lh>This header is red
<li>This item is (inherited) red