Re: LYNX-DEV Getting IP addresses.

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Getting IP addresses.
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 17:32:13 -0500 (EST)

  From: "M.Cloke" <address@hidden>
  Subject: LYNX-DEV Getting IP addresses.

  Could you please tell me how to get the IP addresses of websites out of Lynx.
  The problem is that Netscape wont acsess a certain page, whereas Lynx will,
  and if I get the IP from netscape, and type it into Lynx, Lynx won't access
it either

Sounds like Netscape and Lynx are using different servers to look up
domain names.  Could that be?

You can get IP numbers out of Lynx with trace mode, but you don't
want to.

On my system there is a utility called nslookup; give it a domain
and it tells you what it can learn about the domain.  An example
of its use is in the post I just sent about "probably Sun bug..."

Look for that or something like it.

--
Al Gilman
;