Re: LYNX-DEV color changes as current link moves...

From: Rob Partington
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV color changes as current link moves...
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 11:36:12 +0000 (GMT)

Laura Eaves wrote:

> Link titles (except for the current link) seem to come out in yellow
> on most pages.  On some pages however, link titles are magenta, but change to
> yellow after the current link has "passed over" them (i.e., make link n the
> current link, then move to link n+1).
> When I redraw the screen, the links all change back to magenta.
>
> Is this a problem with lynx, slang, curses, or the web page?
> (Not serious, but thought I'd mention it.)

It's a problem with the slang colour code - it doesn't "know" about links
coloured in the EM colour (magenta), but then unpainted in the unselected
link colour (yellow) because the Lynx screen code isn't designed for things
like that[1].

Needless to say, my code works (mostly) properly...  ;-)

[1]  The problem being that by the time Lynx gets round to painting the
     link on the screen, it's forgotten that there was an <em> inside the
     link.  ;-/

ObUpload: My development version will be available on the web later today.
          Be warned: it's development code, and is therefore horrible to
          look at, and it prints a lot of crud to stderr by default
--
Rob Partington / address@hidden / address@hidden
;