Re: Autoconf (Was: LYNX-DEV Getting Problem in lynx2-6)

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: Autoconf (Was: LYNX-DEV Getting Problem in lynx2-6)
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 15:19:25 MET

   I'm not a wizard of Makefiles, either, but there's been this nagging
   thought in my mind (suggested by Fote around September) that we need to
   redo the Lynx code base to support autoconfigure.  I looked at
   WWW/Library/Implementation/tcp.h and grew pale.

autoconf is a great tool to make things more portable.  If autoconf 2
is to be used (which I suspect), VMS is going to be a problem for a little
while.  A port of autoconf 2 to VMS is underway, but not at all ready yet.

--
R Levitte, Levitte Programming;  Spannv. 38, I;  S-161 43  Bromma;  SWEDEN
      Tel: +46-8-26 52 47;  Cel: +46-10-222 64 05;  No fax right now