LYNX-DEV LYNX: "Alert: unable to access document!"

From: David Combs
Subject: LYNX-DEV LYNX: "Alert: unable to access document!"
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1997 12:18:01 -0800

Just in case there IS some way to do this:

The place I am downloading from is pretty busy today; often
when I try to link OR download, I get the msg
  Alert: unable to access document!

Smart me, I finally after all this time yesterday
figured out that that msg doesn't always mean
that the address is GONE ...

no, no, it MIGHT mean that the place is merely BUSY,
all ports busy.  So if I just keep trying every
two or three seconds, soon enough I get through.

Now -- is there any way for Lynx to tell the DIFFERENCE,
between "doesn't exist any more" and "merely busy right now"?

Probably not, else lynx would surely use that difference
and say something different.  But I just thought I'd ask,
anyway, just in case...

;
;