Re: Lynx binary downloads

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: Lynx binary downloads
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 07:58:29 -0500 (EST)

---------------------------quote--------------------------------------
  From: Roger W Lueck <address@hidden>
  To: address@hidden, address@hidden
  Subject: Lynx binary downloads

  When I use Lynx (2.5FM) on my ISP with a file with no suffix, I get a
  binary image.  When my friend on Delphi does the same, his d/l is assumed
  text and is corrupted as a binary file.  I think the problem can be
  corrected with the lynx.cfg file, but I don't know how.  Can you tell me
  how my friend could get a binary d/l to his Delphi directory of a binary
  file with no suffix?  Or tell me where I can look to find the answer?

  Thanks very much for your time.

  Bill
------------------------------end quote------------------------------

The usual mishap with such files is a _server_ problem.  Are you
and your friend on Delphi retrieving the same file from the same
server?  Or is your friend retrieving a file from a server that
doesn't know it has a binary file?  If that is the problem, I hope
that the discussion of binary downloads in Al's picks will get
you up and running again.

--
Al Gilman

Reference:
Al's picks: http://www.access.digex.net/~asgilman/lynx/FAQ

PS:  It would be better if you address questions such as this one
to address@hidden or address@hidden  I subscribe
to those lists, along with others who may be more able to help you.