Re: LYNX-DEV Can I Use Lynx On My Computer?

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Can I Use Lynx On My Computer?
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 08:37:33 -0500 (EST)

  From: address@hidden (lchow)
  Subject: LYNX-DEV Can I Use Lynx On My Computer?

  CAN I USE  *LYNX*  on my computer?

  I have a 286 CPU with probably 270 to 360 RAM (originally the machine had
  640 K RAM) and 30 MB hard drive.  I have DOS 3.2 on it and Windows 2.1 as
  a backup (if I can get it re-installed).  My computer operates on this
  system without any problems.

  Please let me know.  Also, is any version of Lynx free?

All versions of Lynx are free.

You can't run Lynx on that computer; what you want to look for is
a freenet running Lynx that you can reach by an inexpensive phone
call.  Run a terminal emulation (alias modem) program such as
Kermit on your computer and use the Lynx installed on the
freenet.

Just a personal opinion: forget Windows for that machine.  Do try
to get a Terminate-Stay-Resident (TSR) program that will do
screen capture and replay for you.  I use InfoSelect.  It makes
DOS competitive with a multi-window system.

Al Gilman
;
;