Re: Lynx binary downloads

From: Roger W Lueck
Subject: Re: Lynx binary downloads
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 15:20:28 -0800 (PST)

The case in question is that of two different lynxes at two different
ISPs apparently getting different results in downloading binary files
from the same server.  From what you and the FAQ point out, the server
must not know that the file(s) I want are binary, since I "see" the
file (random looking garbage) if I hit return.  If I hit "d" and "save
to disk", I get a correct binary copy.  Several other people at other
sites get similar correct results.  Yet my friend at Delphi does not
get a correct binary copy.  This situation does not seem to be covered
in the FAQ.  I'm not sure if the "cc"s here will post to the lists you
mentioned.  I'm don't know what can be done here.  Can you, or anyone
on the list, help further?

Bill