Re: LYNX-DEV Developments of my styles patch-thing

From: Rob Partington
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Developments of my styles patch-thing
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 22:52:29 +0000

Julian Rodriguez writes:
> Rather than release an entire code-set, wouldn't it be more beneficial to
> the lynx community to release just a patch to a recent version of Fote's
> mods?  Creating another pseudo-version just adds more chaos, I think, and
> since we've all agreed that Fote's personal mods are the 'canon' version
> of Lynx, why don't you focus on that?

I am doing, but not for at least a week or two - Fote has changed the code
substantially, so plain patching won't work (I've tried).  Basically I have
to recode it from scratch against a recent version of Fote's code.  Given
the amount of spare time I have at the moment (none), that's going to take
a while.

My code isn't a code-set either.  It's just a patch.  The whole archive is
up there because I haven't had a chance to create a patch file yet - if I
get a chance, I'll make a patch available.

My situation has also changed for the worse Lynx-wise in that I now can't
do any Lynx work at work - it all has to be done at home with only dialup
access (basically I can't download Fote's code from home, so I'm waiting
until just before the weekend so I have all weekend to create a patch that
stands some chance of working against Fote's code come Monday morning.)

I'm sorry if you think I was distributing a "new" code set, or if you don't
think my patches are benificial - all I can say is that I do this in my spare
time, at home, purely for the love of Lynx.  I learnt a lot about the
internals of Lynx this weekend, hopefully putting me in a better position
to contribute code for other sections or features.

rob
;
;