Re: LYNX-DEV: COOKIES: pro's and con's?

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV: COOKIES: pro's and con's?
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 18:38:42 -0800

For the documentation for users, perhaps some
pro's and con's of answering "y" (or "always"!)
to "accept this cookie?".

1: For what reason might you want to say NO?

2: same question: why NOT always say ALWAYS?

Why needed:

We all read about how bill gates, for those who use
his internet service (not me!), have to worry about
him downloading some agent (in a cookie?) that will
poke around in your machine to see what software
you have (ie what competitive packages, eg quatro pro,
wordperfect, etc) you use and report back to him
the next time you log on.

etc etc.  Things like that.

Maybe all rumors, but we've all read them, right?

that's why some doc maybe needed.

;
;