Re: LYNX-DEV 2.7 release.

From: Andrew Kuchling
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV 2.7 release.
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 13:15:10 -0500 (EST)

> Rob has, and how much work the entire thing is, I think we may have to
> hold that till after this release.  Then maybe we can put both the new
> libwww and style sheets in the next one.

        That would make the next release worthy of being numbered 3.0,
and not 2.8: the new libwww (which would give us HTTP/1.1 and,
hopefully, tables), style sheets, Klaus' character set code, and
possibly a configure script which would simplify the process of
compiling Lynx.

        The hash table that Rob's added is interesting.  What other
uses would a good hash table have in Lynx?  There may be some places
where linked lists are being used to store and retrieve things based
on a single key; using a hash table might speed those areas up.  A
common thing I do in Python is to store configurations in a series of
dictionaries, which Python implements as hash tables, but offhand I
can't see any advantage in doing that for Lynx.  Hmmm...

        Andrew Kuchling
        address@hidden
        http://people.magnet.com/%7Eamk/
Save the Gutenberg Project! http://www.promo.net/pg/nl/pgny_nov96.html