Re: LYNX-DEV Problem compiling 2.6 on Linux

From: Michael Talbot-Wilson
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Problem compiling 2.6 on Linux
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 06:20:45 +1030 (CST)

On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, Bob Dushok wrote:

> I've been attempting to compile Lynx 2.6 user Linux Slackware 96 (with
> kernel 2.0.0) for about a week now without success.  I've modified
> userdefs.h and lynx.cfg and verified their contents several times.  When I
> compile I get 'undefined reference to 'clearok'' and 'undefined reference
> to 'scrollok'' many times and the compilation fails.

If you enabled slang you need to have installed slang.  In the
makefile, substitute the actual paths to src and elfobj for
those given (for src and $(ARCH)obj).

If you are compiling for ncurses (unnecessary on Linux) you must
of course have ncurses installed in /usr/lib.

I used an unpatched 2.6 source.

;
;