Re: LYNX-DEV 2.7 release.

From: Scott McGee (Personal)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV 2.7 release.
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 16:47:32 -0700

My thoughts concerning a 2.7 release.

1. I _DO_ think that the features have advanced enough to justify a 2.7 release
if only to get more sites to pick up the newer code.

2. I agree that the style sheet and character set stuff are not ready for
a new release yet. I'd almost be inclined to think of the two of them, plus
possibly new libwww (along with the current stuff) as sufficient to advance
to a 3.0 version.

3. I was under the impression that we needed a beta period to shake out any
little bugs, but was waiting for a "no new features" peroid to be declared
like last time.

4. As soon as a beta period is declared, I'll build and test a new lynx on
solarix 2.4 as often as needed.

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,