LYNX-DEV webtechs download form

From: Eli's redistribution point
Subject: LYNX-DEV webtechs download form
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 97 16:27 EST

So I went to webtechs and tried to get their HTML Check Toolkit.
<URL:http://www.webtechs.com/html-tk/index.html> using 2.6FM
with all patches up to Monday. Lynx gave me a segmentation
violation for the final link in the "save to disk" screen
after I had the package. There was no core dump, and a quick
check showed that my copy had no debugging symbols, so I
couldn't repeat the whole thing again with a debugger set to
stop in FatalError().

This brings up two points: why does the makefile make it so
hard to build a debugging enabled version? I had to go down
and edit a quoted string for the rule I was using rather
than just puting CFLAGS=-g in the environment and using
"make -e". Puting -D flags in a $(DEFINES) and otherwise
grouping flags in as small a logical unit as possible makes
things easier.

Second: would somebody else like to look at this? I don't
know who is at fault here, but I am guessing Lynx. Still
someone more familiar with the code than me could probably
fix this faster and with less side damage.

Elijah
------
please do not CC me when replying to the list

;
;