Re: LYNX-DEV 2.7 release.

From: Subir Grewal
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV 2.7 release.
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 03:12:02 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 29 Jan 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:

:       I had made the FM help file set net accessible *primarily* with
:Al in mind.  I see that Scott has further expanded the access to them
:via http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/fote/   Have you even looked at them yet,
:Al?  Have you?!?!?

BTW,  I've been updating the help and 'about' files at:

        http://www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/lynx_help/
        http://www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/about_lynx/

synchronizing them with the FM copies every time I catch a help/about file
mod in the CHANGES snippets Fote has been posting (which I find immensely
useful BTW).

I don't know whether this would interest people here, but you might
remember that I had trouble building Lynx on CRL, I think I've isolated
the problem to their libresolv which I believe is an outcome of not
compiling libc correctly (from posts I ran into on the firewalls list it
seems as if one has to make some less than obvious mods when compiling
libc for SunOS).

address@hidden  +  Lynx 2.6  +  PGP  +  http://www.crl.com/~subir/
Scott's second Law:
        When an error has been detected and corrected, it will be found
        to have been wrong in the first place.
Corollary:
        After the correction has been found in error, it will be
        impossible to fit the original quantity back into the
        equation.

;
;