Re: LYNX-DEV Re: text justification inconsistency (fwd)

From: Brian Tillman, x8425
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: text justification inconsistency (fwd)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 15:30:21 EST

Andrew Kuchling (address@hidden) wrote:

>Hmm... Invalid HTML, and in particular, improper nesting of <CENTER>
>and <BLOCKQUOTE> tags does it; the Soros article has <CENTER>
>... <BLOCKQUOTE> ... </CENTER> </BLOCKQUOTE>.  A small example:

(This is a discussion about http://www.theatlantic.com/)

I tried to convey this information to The Atlantic Monthly and the Webmaster
there refuses to acknowledge that there is anything wrong with the HTML.  He is
quite snippy about it.  In fact, he told me:

>Our HTML is not wrong. One could make a very strong case, however, that you
>are.
>
>If you really feel that strongly about it, consider venting your
>frustrations on the Feedback Conference in Post & Riposte, our highly
>popular interactive message forums. Of course, you may not be able to do
>this effectively using a text-only browser. I wish I could say that's our
>loss.

Hardly the attitude of someone who might want my money somewhere along the way.
(and that they'll never get now.)