Re: LYNX-DEV http://lynx.browser.org/

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV http://lynx.browser.org/
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 10:31:35 -0500 (EST)

Larry W. Virden, x2487 wrote:

> I think this should be explained somehow - as well as explaining to a
> novice how to find out what the end key is.

Then we would have to explain that "<tab>" doesn't mean that you have to
type "<", "t", "a", "b" and ">" but that you have to press the key on your
keyboard marked "tab", that "Down Arrow" doesn't mean that you have to type
"D", "o", "w", "n", " ", "A", "r", "r", "o" and "w" but that you have to
press the key on your keyboard marked with an arrow pointing down, that
"<return>" doesn't mean that you have to press "<", "r", "e", "t", "u", "r",
"n" and ">" but the key on your keyboard marked "return" and so on. Is that
what you want? We could also explain what a key is and that "return",
"Return" and "RETURN" mean the same thing.

That reminds me of the true story of people calling support services and
asking where is the "any" key they have to press when the program says
"Press any key".

By the way, the "end" key doesn't figure in the keymap list anymore.

Ismael