Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx2-6FM CHANGES file

From: root
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx2-6FM CHANGES file
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 16:13:12 -0500 (EST)

David Combs wrote:
> Joe Kincaid weote:
> >
> >   I have sorted through the CHANGES file to organize it by subject and
> > created a hypertext index to assist in browsing. It can be found at
> >
> > http://www.peru.edu/~kincaid/lynx/changes.html
> >
> > which is an index into
> >
> > http://www.peru.edu/~kincaid/lynx/changes26.html
>
> Nice job!
>
> While playing with your nice file (the big one), perhaps
> when you see something a mere USER needs to know (eg a
> new FEATURE), perhaps add some greppable symbol, eg
> "isfeature", to that text.
>
> Thus a less knowledgeable(sp?) lynx-user would ALSO find
> the (large) file useful, and could more easily skip the
> detail-stuff he might not really need to know so well.
>
> Just an idea.  Perhaps will make easier for average user
> to find what's new so he's more likely to put pressure
> on admin to install the NEW lynx...

Perhaps the humongoid file could be split into several smaller files,
alphabeticly, for those of us who don't have a plural T1 to burn <G>
Especially since lynx can't progressivly display pages as-they-are-loded.
(Yet another thing for 2.7GN (strcat((`F`+1),(`G`+))) (*SIGH*))
Perhaps, additionaly, you could have a version that ONLY lists new features
and bug fixes, to further save bandwidth.

 -- James Mastros
;
;