Re: LYNX-DEV frames

From: Roger Hill
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV frames
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 05:32:42 +0400 (GMT-4)

On Tue, 4 Feb 1997, Laura Eaves wrote:

> I was surfing today and ran across a page that said something like
> "this site requires a browser with support for FRAMES ..." and included
> links to Netscape and I-Explorer.
Hi Laura...looks like you like to play in the small hours of the morning!

Lynx does support frames..you should get the frame titles listed at the
top of your screen, and you can link to whichever frame you want.

HOWEVER...some sites use the browser type to determine if frames are
supported , and do not consider Lynx to be one of them.  You can fool them
in Lynx! Go to the options menu ('o') and change the user Agent ('A') to
read something like: Mozilla compatible:L.y.n.x. .....

Its a bit of a magic art (to me anyway) what needs to be done. The magic
word is Mozilla (but you cannot claim to be Mozilla if you are not, hence
the 'compatible'), and you MAY need to spell Lynx with spaces or dots as I
indicated. You can insert this stuff at the front of user agent, and leave
the tail.

Play with it...it will work.