LYNX-DEV lynx 2.7 userguide html corrections

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: LYNX-DEV lynx 2.7 userguide html corrections
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 15:20:14 -0500

*** Lynx_users_guide.html.bak   Mon Feb  3 19:24:46 1997
--- Lynx_users_guide.html       Tue Feb  4 15:18:15 1997
***************
*** 536,542 ****
            English alphabet), for editing their filenames and locations
            (<em>filepath</em>), and descriptions.  Lynx will create bookmark
            files, if they don't already exist, when you first '<em>a</em>'dd
!           a bookmark link to them.  However, if you've specifed a
            subdirectory (e.g., ./BM/lynx_bookmarks.html), that subdirectory
            must already exist.  Note that on VMS you should use the URL
            syntax for the filepath (e.g., <em>not</em>
--- 536,542 ----
            English alphabet), for editing their filenames and locations
            (<em>filepath</em>), and descriptions.  Lynx will create bookmark
            files, if they don't already exist, when you first '<em>a</em>'dd
!           a bookmark link to them.  However, if you've specified a
            subdirectory (e.g., ./BM/lynx_bookmarks.html), that subdirectory
            must already exist.  Note that on VMS you should use the URL
            syntax for the filepath (e.g., <em>not</em>
***************
*** 1131,1143 ****
  authors incorrectly use an ALT instead of VALUE attribute for this purpose.
  Lynx "cooperates" by treating ALT as a synonym for VALUE when present in
  an INPUT tag with TYPE="image".  If neither a VALUE nor an ALT attribute
! is present, Lynx dispays "[IMAGE]-Submit" as the string for such buttons.
  If clickable images is set, the "[IMAGE]" portion of the string is a link
  for the image, and the "Submit" portion is the button for submitting the
  form.  Otherwise, the entire string is treated as a submit button.  If
  a VALUE or ALT attribute is present and clickable images is set, Lynx
  prepends "[IMAGE]" as a link for the image, followed by '-' and then
! the attribute's value as the dispayed string for the submit button.
  Note that earlier versions of Lynx would send a name=value pair instead of
  a 0,0 coordinate pair if a TYPE="image" submit button was NAME-ed, had a
  VALUE attribute in the INPUT tag, and was used to submit the form.  The
--- 1131,1143 ----
  authors incorrectly use an ALT instead of VALUE attribute for this purpose.
  Lynx "cooperates" by treating ALT as a synonym for VALUE when present in
  an INPUT tag with TYPE="image".  If neither a VALUE nor an ALT attribute
! is present, Lynx displays "[IMAGE]-Submit" as the string for such buttons.
  If clickable images is set, the "[IMAGE]" portion of the string is a link
  for the image, and the "Submit" portion is the button for submitting the
  form.  Otherwise, the entire string is treated as a submit button.  If
  a VALUE or ALT attribute is present and clickable images is set, Lynx
  prepends "[IMAGE]" as a link for the image, followed by '-' and then
! the attribute's value as the displayed string for the submit button.
*** 1584,1590 ****
  >HTML Forms</a>, a more general approach involves exchanges of MIME
  headers between the server and browser.  When replying to a request,
  the server can send a <em>Set-Cookie</em> MIME header which contains
! information (<em>cookies</em>) relevent to the browser's request, and in
  subsequent requests the browser can send a <em>Cookie</em> MIME header
  with information derived from previously received cookies.

--- 1584,1590 ----
  >HTML Forms</a>, a more general approach involves exchanges of MIME
  headers between the server and browser.  When replying to a request,
  the server can send a <em>Set-Cookie</em> MIME header which contains
! information (<em>cookies</em>) relevant to the browser's request, and in
  subsequent requests the browser can send a <em>Cookie</em> MIME header
  with information derived from previously received cookies.

*** lynx_url_support.html.bak   Sun Jan 12 16:50:00 1997
--- lynx_url_support.html       Tue Feb  4 15:19:39 1997
***************
*** 359,365 ****
  URLs.  The <em>cc</em> values can be single addresses, or comma- or
  semi-colon-separated lists of addresses.  All addresses, and any
  <em>body</em> values, will be offered for approval by the user before
! proceding with a mailing, and any other name=value pairs in the
  <em>?searchpart</em> will be ignored.  Also, if the mailto URL is the
  will be ignored, because the body of the mailing must be constructed
--- 359,365 ----
  URLs.  The <em>cc</em> values can be single addresses, or comma- or
  semi-colon-separated lists of addresses.  All addresses, and any
  <em>body</em> values, will be offered for approval by the user before
! proceeding with a mailing, and any other name=value pairs in the
;