LYNX-DEV Core dump in 2.7 pre-release

From: Jonathan Sergent
Subject: LYNX-DEV Core dump in 2.7 pre-release
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 1997 18:44:47 -0500

The following:

<INPUT NAME="userfile1" TYPE="file" SIZE=40>

can make 2.7 pre-release dump core.  Regardless of whether it's correct
or not (I think it is, but I'm not familiar with forms) or whether file
upload is implemented, it shouldn't dump core. It only happens when this
is the first INPUT in the form.

HText_DisableCurrentForm seems to be dereferencing invalid pointers
(apparently, there's nothing there to disable, but it tries anyway).
The attached patch makes it not dump core, but may not be entirely
correct, as I'm not all that familiar with the Lynx source.  There's
probably a better way to do this than testing for the same condition
twice in the same loop, but I didn't want to muck with things too
much for fear of breaking other things.

--jss.

*** lynx2-7/src/GridText.c.orig Mon Jan 27 08:22:26 1997
--- lynx2-7/src/GridText.c      Tue Feb  4 18:27:25 1997
***************
*** 4681,4687 ****
      /*
       *  Go through list of anchors and set the disabled flag.
       */
!     while (1) {
          if (anchor_ptr->link_type == INPUT_ANCHOR &&
              anchor_ptr->input_field->number == HTFormNumber) {

--- 4681,4687 ----
      /*
       *  Go through list of anchors and set the disabled flag.
       */
!     while (anchor_ptr != HTMainText->last_anchor) {
          if (anchor_ptr->link_type == INPUT_ANCHOR &&
              anchor_ptr->input_field->number == HTFormNumber) {

;
;