LYNX-DEV: prior search ==> bug in when to page fwd

From: David Combs
Subject: LYNX-DEV: prior search ==> bug in when to page fwd
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 07:03:42 -0800

Bug in "go down to next link-ptr":

I did "v" to get up huge bookmark page.

I have lines and rows both sete to 62.

I wanted to see what ">" did vs <tab> when
it got to the bottom of the page (I sort of
expected the ">" to NOT go to the following
page, from what I read in the Keys page).

So instead of just doing "j" (vi-keys) 60
or so times down to near the bottom (to test
the idea), I did a /-SEARCH for the penultimate
line on the page, ie the one just before the
final one on the currently-displayed screen-page.

THEN, from that next-to-last line, I did a ">",
expecting the cursor do go down to the next
line, still staying on the same screen-page,
getting to the final line on the screen (my
test was to be what happened when I did it AGAIN).

Well, I never got to that final line -- it "paged"
one line too soon.  THAT is the bug.

It happens regardless of how I (tried to) go down
to that next (final on page) line: j OR >.

The fact that I did a SEARCH seems important, for
if I ^A back to the top and "j" repeatedly down to
the next-to-last line, THEN j or > again, I indeed
DO get to the final line, WITHOUT it paging....

;
;