Re: LYNX-DEV: K(eys) output re "history list" (misnamed, too)

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV: K(eys) output re "history list" (misnamed, too)
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 06:35:35 -0800

I do think that the name "history page" is the wrong name,
since it is really seems to be a stack, which you push and pop.

Seems like this (major release) would be time
to make terminology changes.

Excuse could be "well, we now have the Vlinks page too, so
we wanted to make all these pages say EXACTLY what they
contained".  Via their name.

Also, if a "true history" or "dribble" file is ever added,
then the word "history" is used in two contexts, one of which
isn't truly "history" but only "currently-suspended pages".

Perhaps there are OTHER names that should be changed too, names
that were OK when lynx was a simpler program, but that
are confusing for the first-time user eg viewing the Keys page.

;
;