Re: LYNX-DEV more on the newspost problem

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV more on the newspost problem
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 13:25:19 -0500 (EST)

address@hidden (Larry W. Virden, x2487) wrote:
>Re: "open" NNTP servers
>I am thinking of servers that Netscape, Microsoft run, as well as the one
>that started this conversation (nntp://genetics.upenn.edu/).

Re:  "I do not think you do anyone a favor by accepting the role of
      people's Momma, worrisomely holding their hand as they toddle
      through the Web."

        Your questions have already been answered, Larry, serveral times,
by several people, at a level appropriate for intelligence you've shown
here in the past.  All that remains is for you to actually apply that
intelligence to the answers.

        When you were modifying the mini inews software, did you notice
what's at the botton of it's configuration file (conf.h)?  Here's the
"self documentation" Lou used to introduce it:

/*
 *  Sanity checks (You know.  Checks you get from Sanity Claus)
 */

and here's the what the Original Lynx Sanity Claus arranged for
compilers to issue to your screen:

YOU_BLEW_IT READ_THE_INSTRUCTIONS_AGAIN

                                Fote