LYNX-DEV nit picks re pre 2-7

From: BREDESEN
Subject: LYNX-DEV nit picks re pre 2-7
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 18:15:17 -0500 (EST)

Nit picks for your consideration  (after I successfully built pre2-7):

#1) in tcp.h

   under AUTHORS add
      FM                     Foteos Macrides <address@hidden>
   and under HISTORY: add
      02 Nov 96               (FM) added socket function prototypes for MultiNet

#2) in tcp.h

   under VAX/VMS fix typo
   >MULTINET                From SRI, now from TGV Inv.

                                                   Inc.

#3) in PROBLEMS.

   expand on
      >                                                         For the most
      >   current versions of MultiNet, you can modify tcp.h to use the DECC
      >   socket and related headers.

   in other words, my expertise lies elsewhere. How do I do this?

#4) in tcp.h

   in Fote's multinet_foo() stuff add comment something like

      extern int multinet_getsockname();
      /*
         Comment out the following htons and ntohs lines if you get
         compiler messages about type not compatible with type of a previous
         declaration in multinet_common_root:[multinet.include.sys]socket.h.
         Also, check the latest PROBLEMS file for other suggestions.
      */
      extern unsigned short multinet_htons();

Susan
-----
Susan C. Bredesen, VAX/VMS System Manager  EMAIL: address@hidden
VOICE:  617-377-3713, FAX: 617-377-3160
USMAIL: Phillips Laboratory/GPSG,29 Randolph Road,Hanscom AFB,MA 01731-3010
;
;