LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx Keystrokes

From: Will Mengarini
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx Keystrokes
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 06:39:42 -0800 (PST)

Dan Strychalski <address@hidden> write:

>There don't seem to be Control keystrokes for the g(o to) buffer or
>for screen scrolling during forms input. I consider this a major flaw.

So do I, & I submitted a patch for this back before Fote went on
vacation.  However, I did a poor job of explaining the justification,
Fote didn't put in the patch, & I didn't have time to try again.

It's too late now for 2.7, but maybe it can be done
after that's out, if other people express interest &
there's reason to believe that this time it'll stick.

Another one I'd like to do is multiple .cfg files (by putting
a colon-separated list of filenames in $LYNX_CFG, analogous
to $PATH).  This would make it easier for sites to keep
their tweaks separate from the main .cfg, which needs to
remain up-to-date because it contains a lot of documentation.

Again, there'd need to first be significant reason to believe other
people concur this'd be a good idea, since my free time is not copious.

--
Will Mengarini <address@hidden> This .sig has been accessed [INLINE] times

"Hackers interpret authority as damage & route around it."
      --me
;