Re: LYNX-DEV more on the newspost problem

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV more on the newspost problem
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 13:13:41 -0500 (EST)

> Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 08:06:14 -0800
> From: address@hidden (David Combs)
> I mean, I use trn, a program resulting from years of work.  Why
> in the world would I ever want to use Lynx for newsgroups,
> when I've got trn?
>
> Admittedly, I've never tried the news stuff in Lynx.  Maybe
> someone can tell me WHY it is that I would prefer to do
> news-stuff in Lynx, and if it sounds good, I'll try it.
> Unless eg blind people are unable to browse news-groups
> any other way than via lynx -- then it MAYBE makes sense
> to have a CRUDE news-reader.
>
> Someone please educate me on why I am wrong.  THANKS!

I use 'tin' to read news and am also in the dark as to why I would want to use
lynx for this purpose.  I didn't know lynx even had news reading capabilities
until I read the postings on lynx-dev.
As for blind users, I've never used trn, but tin is quite friendly (for low
vision users, anyway), and has a lot of configuration options that would be
helpful for speech users as well.  Just edit .tin/tinrc after running it the
first time.
--le
;
;