LYNX-DEV 2-7 download problem

From: Philip Webb
Subject: LYNX-DEV 2-7 download problem
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 16:15:38 -0500 (EST)

when i installed 2-6 last year i ran into one problem:
the section of  Makefile  giving the specific instructions for  sgi
had had CRs or LFs inserted between line continuations,
so that it wouldn't compile.
someone kindly pointed out what was wrong, i edited out the line breaks
& everything went thro' perfectly.

i've just successfully compiled 2-7,
BUT the downloaded  Makefile  had the same error in it.
i got it from  www.slcc.edu/lynx/fote  -- an impeccable source --
using  Right-arrow  then choosing  Download .
the result was a file  lynx2-7.zip ,
so i entered  unzip lynx2-7.zip , which created directories etc,
including  Makefile , which when viewed with  less  & later edited
had had line breaks inserted.

with 2-6 i thought i had perhaps done something careless in downloading,
but this time what i did was exceedingly straightforward & commonplace:
at least, can we have a note in the problems file that this may be a problem?
the system here is IRIX 5.3 & no, i'm not a sysadmin.

i'll be using 2-7 over the next few days & will report anything strange.
2-6 was a clear improvement over 2-4-2 (the sysadmin's version here),
but i doubt if 2-7 offers me anything new: we'll see.

;