Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx hacking

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx hacking
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 1997 16:16:05 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 8 Feb 1997, Larry W. Virden, x2487 wrote:

> It's wonderful to hear your progress.  After you generate a diff of each of
> the files you have changed, mail them to the list.  Even if its against
> a version of the files that are a few days out of sync, I suspect that
> they will be close enough for folk to see - particularly if you can
> generate context diffs.

I was able to generate a working patch file that is 25539 bytes.  That
does not include the curses headers or library nor the borland makefile (I
actually use the .ide and compile via the GUI, but it will generate a
makefile on demand and it does work).

Should I really send some or all of this stuff directly to the list?  I
can put it up for web access or I can ftp it somewhere.

On the subject of the code itself, I still haven't done any work on the
local URL problem.

I also haven't been able to get bookmarks working.  The MBM_A_sub*
variables refuse to carry over between functions no matter what I try.  I
keep getting "Bookmark file is not defined.  Use O or o to see options."
even though it is obvious that (O)ptions knows that bookmark_page is
defined.

I have done some testing and confirmed that I can define
MBM_A_subbookmark[0] anywhere outside of the functions in LYBookmark.c and
it will be NULL when I try one of the functions.  Very frustrating.
MBM_A_subbookmark[] and MBM_A_subdescript[] appear to be the only two
variables that refuse to stick, but it also looks like they are a unique
type.  All other multi-data variables appear to be linked lists.

Any thoughts on that problem would be very helpful.

Wayne

;
;