Re: LYNX-DEV Re: continued problems with ssleay patches for zip

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: continued problems with ssleay patches for zip
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 07:59:08 -0500

1. Sorry not to have sent the original reports to the entire list; I guess
I was overly cautious about this whole security /encryption thing.

2. I have tried to access the snews URLs that have been posted - I can't
get into them any more than I can other https sites.  Note that with
lynx 2.6 I was able.  However, I can't tell whether this current problem is
with SSLeay-0.6.5 or with lynx's patches; I just don't know enough about
how things are supposed to work.

During the make test for SSLeay-0.6.5, I got:

test BN_mod_mul
768  tests done
test BN_mod_exp
error
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `test_bn'

so it does appear there is some kind of problem with this version of
SSLeay and a SPARC/Solaris 2.4.  I will try to follow the path of resolving
this make error first and return to lynx once I have it resolved.

Sorry for being a bother.  The strange thing is that until recently I hadn't
noticed any problem with lynx/ssl ; but then, I don't necessarily do a lot
with https urls anyways.  I was only trying to test things out before the
release when this came up.
;