Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx and Wyse 50

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx and Wyse 50
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 10:29:02 -0500 (EST)

> From: Bela Lubkin <address@hidden>
> The Wyse 50 has an additional problem, that it is a "magic cookie"
> terminal.  It supports several attributes such as reverse, dim, etc.,
> but a special "magic cookie" character occupies a screen space between
> sequences of characters with different attributes.  Again, there's a
> workaround -- it supports a "protected" attribute which doesn't use a
> magic cookie, and can be set to be visually marked with an attribute.
> So your screen can have a total of one attribute.

I tried wyse-50 terminal emulation in ProcommPlus and noticed
that reverse and bold both came out as yellow, so it was impossible to
tell where the current link was on the page.  (Perhaps either procomm or
/usr/lib/terminfo has a problem.)
When I ran lynx -color, there was only one color (white) and a lot of what
looked like your "magic cookies" scattered across the screen.
So it goes...
--le
;
;