LYNX-DEV Restricting MAIL in LYNX

From: JOEL
Subject: LYNX-DEV Restricting MAIL in LYNX
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 13:45:16 -0500

     We've been having a problem with Lynx. We are a library network
serving a large area and on our Alpha running OpenVMS 6.2, we have
Lynx 2-5 (running with a great many restrictions) out for library
patrons. A very few of these people have used Lynx to send
objectionable EMAIL messages, the last of which (that I know about)
was sent to this list; and, believe me, I am very sorry about that. I
know we can include MAIL among the -restrictions, but we do want these
people to be able to send EMAIL under most circumstances. We also have
a project in the works that would identify the sender of an
objectionable message; but some of the people in this network think
that's excessively draconian. Does anybody have any other idea as to
what we could do? We would be VERY grateful for any and all replies.
Thanks.
                                              Joel G. Martin
                                              Systems Assistant
                                              Minuteman Library Network