Re: LYNX-DEV [patch] New version of current URL editing

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV [patch] New version of current URL editing
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 12:03:07 +0900 (JST)

> absolutely don't insist on binding of a 'goto a parent URL' feature to
> 'g', '..'; as you remember in the first version I used the sole 'G' key
> for this purpose.

I'd sure hate to see the simple g)oto concept thrown out the window.
`G' ([SHIFT]+g) would certainly be a better choice, since the point
is _editing_ of the current URL, not _going_ to it.  Don't get me
wrong, I do think you have a very useful idea, it's just that it is
a different animal from g)oing to, and IMHO needs a different key
binding. $0.02

__Henry
;
;