LYNX-DEV reading/posting news

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: LYNX-DEV reading/posting news
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 02:19:23 -0500 (EST)

I tried reading news on nntp://netnews.voicenet.com.
I was able to read articles and post a followup without any problem.
The article I posted was posted ok.  (I read it back using tin.)

One questionable behavior:
I noticed that there are not nearly as many newsgroups displayed
when I read from lynx, compared with tin.  I assume from the discussion on
lynx-dev that lynx doesn't attempt to process .newsrc.  So I didn't expect
it to load the newsgroups I was subscribed to, or display only the unread
articles.  However, my .newsrc (created by tin) contains 18990 newsgroups.
When I run lynx, it only displays 1286 newsgroup links.  (And most of the
groups I'm subscribed to aren't included.)
Is this a bug?
I wondered if there would be a link at the bottom of the newsgroups page
saying something like "click here for more newsgroups", but there was none.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it.
--le

PS: (I also missed having articles threaded.  But that's another fancy feature
    that lynx probably won't ever do...)
;
;