Re: LYNX-DEV Tomasz Cholewo Patch for lynx problem.

From: Tomasz J. Cholewo
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Tomasz Cholewo Patch for lynx problem.
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 11:06:34 -0500

Kent Robotti wrote:
> I tried to apply the edit URL patch from Tomasz Cholewo to
> lynx2.7-2-10-97 but i get a rejection from LYMainLoop.c.

Please make sure that you are using the latest version of this patch
which I posted yesterday.  In case of further problems using 'patch -l <
patch.lynx' should help (the spaces at the ends of lines of my mail
could get deleted).

> I'm not sure what this patch does, does it allow you to
> edit a highlighted url.

Actually there are two patches (sorry for writing about the same stuff
again):

1. When you press 'g' followed by down-arrow the URL of the *current*
   document is put in the edit buffer.  Successive down-arrows will cycle
   through the edit history (including the current URL).  The behavior of
   up-arrow is not changed.

2. When you press 'g' and type in '..', <enter> it takes you to the
   parent document as determined by cutting the last part (after last
   slash) of the URL off.  When the "root" document is reached an
   appropriate message is displayed.  It *does not* prevent you from using
   '..' for browsing local directories as this feature works in the same
   way for 'file:' documents (there can be a difference in how this patch
   and DIRED follow soft links).

> When a url is highlighted, can you press 'g' and down-arrow-key
> and have that url put in the edit buffer? I hope it's something
> like that.

This behavior can be easily obtained by pressing right-arrow on the link
and then 'g', down-arrow.  It does not matter if the linked document
exists or not for it to work.

Tom

;
;