Re: LYNX-DEV mailto: and title="bug"

From: Subir Grewal
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV mailto: and title="bug"
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 09:29:47 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 11 Feb 1997, Eli's redistribution point wrote:

:<URL:http://www.netusa.net/~eli/erotica/assm/faq.html> has
:two mailto links to the same address in it. (With numbered
:links on, they are 5 and 8.) Both have different data in
:the TITLE attibute of the anchor tag. But Lynx 2.7 (probably
:the version from a week ago) only uses the title for the
:first one.

I could reproduce this problem.  It seems as if Lynx is binding a
particular title value to a particular mailto url, at every future
instance of the mailto URL, the same TITLE is used.  When I tested it, I
used my standard test template which also has a whole bunch of LINKs
defined.  The rel value also seems to have propogate.  For example, in a
document with the following:

<link rel=previous href="mailto:address@hidden";>

the default subject used when any of these links is activated is
"previous" (if the LINK hadn't been there, the default subject for both
links would be "some title here"). For a different mailto URL, say

there isn't a problem (but again this propogates).  The TITLE attribute
doesn't seem to show up in the info page either (I though it did).

address@hidden  +  Lynx 2.6  +  PGP  +  http://www.crl.com/~subir/
It has been observed that one's nose is never so happy as when it is
thrust into the affairs of another, from which some physiologists have
drawn the inference that the nose is devoid of the sense of smell.

;
;