Re: LYNX-DEV where am i?

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV where am i?
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 00:16:20 -0500 (EST)

  From: address@hidden
  X-Personal_name: D Kantor
  Subject: LYNX-DEV where am i?

  Hi.
  How do I know where I am in lynx. I.e. how do I know what URL I
  am looking at?

That's actually a very good question, Daniel.  Try typing an
equal-sign ( = ).  This brings up the "Information Page" which
gives you information about the page where you currently are.

For fun, compare and contrast what you get that way with what
happens when you call up the History page with the back-space
key.  [And in Lynx 2.7, capital-V gets you another, related
function.]

Finally, try the question-mark key ( ? ) and see if you can find
where these things are explained.

--
Al Gilman

PS: some other time (not all at one sitting) check what happens
when you set the user mode under the o)ptions menu to "advanced."
This keeps you continuously posted on where you are.
;