Re: LYNX-DEV Compiling problems with lynx2.6

From: Jason Baker
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Compiling problems with lynx2.6
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 09:27:24 -0800

On Feb 13, Sara Bradley wrote:
>     I am attempting to install lynx 2.6.  When I try to compile to
> create my exec file, I get the following error:
>
>     cc: Error:  LYCurses.c, line 381:  In the statement, "ttytype" is
> not declared.  if (strncmp((CONST char*) ttytype, "dev-vt", 6) ==0)
>
>     I am on a Unix machine and keying "make generic".

I telnetted to unaalpha.una.edu, and it indicated that it was a DEC
machine (Digital UNIX (unaalpha.una.edu) (ttyq8)).  I think you'll
get better results with a more specific make machine - something
like "make alpha".  I don't have the source handy right now, so I
can't check that's valid.

Jason

--
 address@hidden                         |   PGP key available
 Systems Administrator, Information Systems         |   from MIT keyserver.

 Sendmail: A haqr's tool commonly mistaken for a UNIX system utility.
                                                 - The Real Cyberpunk Fakebook