Re: LYNX-DEV text/html; q=0.000

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV text/html; q=0.000
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 11:25:19 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 13 Feb 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:

> "Hiram Lester, Jr." <address@hidden> wrote:
> >Did anyone figure out what was the problem with Lynx 2.6 sending a quality
> >of 0.000 for text/html in the Accept: headers?  At some point recently,
> >they've installed 2.6 system-wide here, and the same thing is occuring on
> >our mail server, but not on several other machines.  My copy of 2.7pre
> >(from last week) doesn't exhibit the problem...
>
>       I've forgotten the site with an Apache server where this problem
> showed up, but it's WebMaster concluded that it reflect an SGI compiler
> bug, presumeably when compiling src/HTInit.c, though details were not
> provided.  Is your system that shows it SGI?

Forgot to mention, the site was www.talk.com.  I got a 406 error and
something about appropriate resource not available.  I first thought it
had to do with HTTP/1.1, but then I tried 2.7 and got cookies.  I
managed to bring it up on another system with 2.6, and remembered this
problem, and did a trace to see if that might be it, and sure enough it
was sending text/html; q=0.000. <sigh>  I want to see if I can track it
down before I notify the system people here of the problem.  If 2.7
doesn't exhibit the problem, then maybe that will be something to use to
encourage them to upgrade. :)