LYNX-DEV: REpost of bug: can YOU duplicate it?

From: David Combs
Subject: LYNX-DEV: REpost of bug: can YOU duplicate it?
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 13:15:53 -0800

This is a re-"post" of this bug -- just in case it
somehow got lost before, or maybe required a
picture of the screen, which I now provide.

The version I am using is dated (on netcom)
as 2300 yesterday (wednesday, 12feb97), -version "2.7".

Someone please see if the behavior can be not necessairly
fixed but at least DUPLICATED.  Thanks!

> Subject: LYNX-DEV: prior search ==> bug in when to page fwd
> Sender: address@hidden
>
> Bug in "go down to next link-ptr":
>
> I did "v" to get up huge bookmark page.
>
> I have lines and rows both sete to 62.
>
> I wanted to see what ">" did vs <tab> when
> it got to the bottom of the page (I sort of
> expected the ">" to NOT go to the following
> page, from what I read in the Keys page).
>
> So instead of just doing "j" (vi-keys) 60
> or so times down to near the bottom (to test
> the idea), I did a /-SEARCH for the penultimate
> line on the page, ie the one just before the
> final one on the currently-displayed screen-page.
>
> THEN, from that next-to-last line, I did a ">",
> expecting the cursor do go down to the next
> line, still staying on the same screen-page,
> getting to the final line on the screen (my
> test was to be what happened when I did it AGAIN).
>
> Well, I never got to that final line -- it "paged"
> one line too soon.  THAT is the bug.
>
> It happens regardless of how I (tried to) go down
> to that next (final on page) line: j OR >.
>
> The fact that I did a SEARCH seems important, for
> if I ^A back to the top and "j" repeatedly down to
> the next-to-last line, THEN j or > again, I indeed
> DO get to the final line, WITHOUT it paging....

Here is cut-n-paste of the screen (I searched for
 "Galaxy", then did a "j" to go down one, and
  it went to the NEXT PAGE, providing me NO CHANCE
  to get to the prior bot-of-page item):

 |                                                       Bookmark Page (p1 of
20)

 |   This file may be edited with a standard text editor. Outdated or
 |   invalid links may be removed by simply deleting the line the link
 |   appears on in this file. Please refer to the Lynx documentation or
 |   help files for the HTML link syntax.
 |
 |     [1]Alta Vista: Main Page
 |
 |     [2]Yahoo! - News (root)
 |
 |     [3]Today on C-SPAN:
 |
 |     [4]News from Reuters Online
 |
 |     [5]FT.com Home Page -- financial times
 |
 |     [6]FINANCIAL TIMES
 |
 |     [7]washingtonpost.com: Writers Group: in Washington Post
 |
 |     [8]sunday-times world
 |
 |     [9]nando times (global) news
 |
 |     [10]DeepTimes News Service
 |
 |     [11]All Things Considered (NPR radio)
 |
 |     [12]Jinn Magazine, Pacific News Service (news-comments,
 |   long-editorials, GOOD!)
 |
 |     [13]voice of america (VOA) news
 |
 |     [14]AFP - World News Roundup (via FRANCE, is GOOD!)
 |
 |     [15]Slate - Table of Contents
 |
 |     [16]Slate (magazine)
 |
 |     [17]#######:: SEARCH-ENGINES #######
 |
 |     [18]Yahoo!
 |
 |     [19]Internet Address Finder
 |
 |     [20]WebCrawler Searching
 |
 |     [21]Sample Searches of the University of Colorado Computer Science
 |   Department's Broker
 |
 |     [22]Harvest Brokers at IMS
 |
 |     [23]#######:: SUPER-SITES #######
 |
 |     [24]TradeWave Galaxy
 |
 |     [25]Gopher Jewels (huge

 |-- press space for next page --
 |  Arrow keys: Up and Down to move. Right to follow a link; Left to go back.
 | H)elp O)ptions P)rint G)o M)ain screen Q)uit /=search [delete]=history list

;
;