LYNX-DEV suggestions for future releases (too late for 2-7?)

From: Rolf Puchtinger
Subject: LYNX-DEV suggestions for future releases (too late for 2-7?)
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 10:30:57 -0500 (EST)

1)  I'm using the web/lynx to search and apply for employment.  Many HR
pages or career/recruiting sites are set up to allow resumes and other
pertinent information to be entered through HTML forms.  This is
straightforward with copy & paste in GUI based browsers, but awkward in
LYNX where my only option seems to be to re-type my 2-page resume each
time :(    I would find it useful if there was an option in the LINE
EDITOR, e.g. ^R with a prompt to enter a textfile into a given TEXTAREA
field, size permitting.

2)  I find myself more and more often using DIRED for general file
management.  However, there is no option in the DIRED menu, nor in the
Keymap to COPY a file (or tagged files), although cp is defined in
userdefs.h.  Can files be copied in DIRED mode at all?  If not, please
make it possible.

3)  The option to include LYNX_SIG_FILE should also be available in
mailto URLs.

4)  Would it be possible to prompt users for the option to save COOKIES
with expiry dates longer than "session" in a permanent file in the user's
directory for subsequent sessions?

Any suggestions will be greatly welcome.

Rolf