LYNX-DEV Lynx automation question,

From: joe
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx automation question,
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 17:46:44 -0500

I have a question about lynx.  I am wondering if it is possible to use it in
a shell script to ftp a file and store it to disk automatically.  I've done
this before with http files, it retrieves a gif file and stores it to disk,
however not with ftp.  Unfortunatly the ftp server I would need to connect
to is *not* anonymous.  I know there is a URL convention to use a login name
and password rather then anonymous, does lynx use this convention?  If so,
what is that convention?  I knew it once, but ofcourse have since forgotten
it.

Thanks,

;
;