LYNX-DEV lynx problems

From: leveille
Subject: LYNX-DEV lynx problems
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 19:14:15 -0700 (MST)

Hello,

I am having problems running lynx 2.4 and 2.6.

I visit a site called http://www.visunet.ie/vip virtual irish pub.  This
site uses form based chat with selection options to ignore people. (the
round buttons) that you can select only one at a time.

In 2.4, it works fine and all the radio buttons are cleared unless you
select them.  However I get the bad html use -trace error message.  This
is probably because the peoplr use html in there posts and lynx doesn't
like it. But lynx sits there for about 30 secs for each error, and this can
take a long time to view the page.

So I upgraded to lynx 2.6, now the bad html error messgae is only on the
screen for 1 second and the page appears quickly.  However with this version
2.6, the radio buttons always has a default (first person in the list) and
they get ignored.  So for each page view i end up ignoring more and more people
and never seeing any more of there posts.

So I am wondering if there is anything I can do for 2.4 or 2.6 so neither of
these errors happen, long time out on bad html error message and default
selection for the radio buttons???

Thanks,

Benny Leveille <address@hidden>

;