Re: LYNX-DEV Win32 Lynx

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Win32 Lynx
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 09:34:13 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 17 Feb 1997, Bela Lubkin wrote:

> Wayne Buttles wrote:
>
> > Located at http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/wlynx/ are four files.  They
> > should be:
>
> > lynx.patch   A patchfile against Lynx2-7 to compile it for Win32 under
> >              Borland C++ 4.52.
>
> Regarding this patch...
>
> Well, it's really rather low-impact in the first place.  Apparently the
> Win32 development environment you're using is pretty close to
> Unix/Posix.  Good.

I attribute that to the Lynx development team for keeping Lynx so
portable.  The code is _very_ compiler friendly.

> A lot of the patch has to do with avoiding SIGHUP on Win32.  Is that
> because the symbol SIGHUP isn't defined, or because it acts incorrectly?

It is undefined.  There isn't any "kickstart" in Win95 :-(

> In either case, it might be better to make a Lynx utility function (e.g.
> LYsignal()) to encapsulate these differences.  The code already has
> Linux avoiding SIGBUS and VMS mostly avoiding SIGINT.
>
> If it's only that there is no such symbol as SIGHUP, the code should
> probably read:
>
>   #ifdef SIGHUP
>   (void) signal(SIGHUP, ...);
>   #endif /* SIGHUP */
>
> which makes it generic.

I was winging it.  I figured as long as I kept using a long unique
variable ( _WINDOWS ) it would be easy to grep later and sort
everything out.

Wayne

;
;