Re: LYNX-DEV signal handling

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV signal handling
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 15:20:21 -0500 (EST)

"T.E.Dickey" <address@hidden> wrote:
>> >some (?) implementors are doing buffer allocation in exit(); there is the
>> >possibility that this will fail (or the process may get hung).  I have a
>> >hunch
>> >that this code addresses a problem on some system where it happened to bite
>> >someone.
>>
>>      exit() is a macro in Lynx which invokes a great deal of additional
>> code.  SIGINT is used on VMS, despite the inference Bela drew from those
>> code snippets.  The signal and exit handling in Lynx are very complex,
>> too complex to explain in an email message.  It might be a good idea if
>> both of you built a debug version and walked through all that is happened
>> before modifying any of it based on inspections of snippets.
>I'm busy doing other things, and was making a recommendation.  (I can see
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>the use of LYexit, however my comment about the use of EXIT_SUCCESS
>vs 0 or other values is something that you should take into consideration).
                                        ???

        I hope that isn't a specific reference to me.  I'll be monitoring
lynx-dev for a while to help support the v2.7 release, but as far as
the next round of development is concerned, "I'm busy doing other things."

        I was also just "making a recommendation".

        Perhaps the Lynx User Community should figure out who or what
group of people aren't too busy doing other things, so that recommendations
and/or patches posted here aren't just falling into a black hole (but
that just a recommendation 8-).

                                Fote