Re: LYNX-DEV signal handling

From: Andrew Kuchling
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV signal handling
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 17:28:02 -0500 (EST)

> Does anyone have the resources/environment AND the time to be the focal
> point of Lynx development?  How about somebody with some net-space that is
> real good with diff and patch?  I'd even help take the blame for some of

        If no one else steps forward, I'd be willing to act as an
unthinking keeper of development source, automatically applying
patches that people send me.  I wouldn't be able to sanity-check
patches very much, though.

        That said, perhaps we could have no one running the show at
all.  The FreeBSD developers maintain their source code in a CVS tree,
which acts as a central repository for the code.  There's no one
person who oversees everything; rather, there's a list of trusted
developers who are granted write access to the repository and can
check in patches.  A random person who wants to submit a patch must
convince a developer that the patch is worthwhile.  See
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook5.html for the details.

        So, maybe we should do that; have a CVS tree somewhere, and
keep a short list of people who are considered clueful enough to make
changes.  lynx-dev would be used for discussions and patches, as it is
now.  Thoughts?

        Andrew Kuchling
        address@hidden
        http://people.magnet.com/%7Eamk/